"I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little- if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny"- Coco Chanel
Well that settles it!
Pretty sure if I did have a date with Destiny it ran away as fast as it could.
What about a sense of humor...Does Destiny like to laugh?
This is what I envisioned when we found out we were having twins...
And this is what happened...
Yes I realize there's a team behind J-Lo & all the other fabulous mamas out there...But the truth is this: When we are constantly bombarded with images such as these, they affect our psyche and make us...well...a little Crazy.
Is it me or do we get brainwashed our entire lives as women by the industry? From being told Prince Charming is out there by Disney (He might be...But he doesn't pick up his socks and just doesn't listen.Period.) to being tortured by Seventeen magazine (No acne, no flat chested brace bound chubby little girls pictured in here!), to becoming the Princess-Bride courtesy of Bride Magazine (Budget? What's that!), we seem to be constantly basing our reality on a fantasy.
Not very practical. Or Logical.
According to Hannah, you don't need a paycheck to dump the frump. All you need is a little time, a little creativity and a little self-esteem.
"When you frump around looking like something the dog dragged in, you show that you don't have a great amount of self-respect for yourself. Sure, there are days when you only leave the house to take out the trash, but appearance and self-esteeem go hand in hand. When you look good, you feel good" (p.79).
Also pointing out that your self-esteem, motivation, your husband, your children and your career all all affected by what you put out there.
So how exactly can we dump the frump?
1) Easy, no fuss make-up routine...
2) Wardrobe, wardrobe, wardrobe... Hannah splits up this eternal puzzle into 5 categories (p.81):
*Shoes; Comfort does not equal hideous, clunky or slippers.
* Jeans; No mommy jeans allowed but please if you are over 25...No visible thongs. Thanks.
* Skirts; Casual with a little leg? Yes! So short we can see whether you have been to brazil lately? No.
* Tops; Ditch hubby's raggedy oversized t-shirts. And for the LOVE of God...Do NOT wear any shirts that include a salmon swimming up a stream, a bear enjoying a pic-nik or the local's diner annual drag race event.
* Jackets; Casual and fitted goes with anything... A cute jean jacket can complete ANY outfit while a fitted colorful one can complement any dark outfit!
Week 2, Day 4: Daily exercises (p.84)
1. Grab your journal and head to your closet. Go through your wardrobe and make a pile of all those clothes that don't make you feel attracted and energized....Donate!
Make a list of all the items you can add (sexy jeans, fitted tops, khakis, new shoes, jackets,...)
Note: NO NEED to spend a fortune...2 words: Wal-Mart!
2. When you do your pm routine and set your outfit for the next day out, add some jewelry...When you are wearing nice jewelry, it's practically impossible to frump out.
3. Practice Action skill #4: Be selective. i.e. Wipe the mirror clean before you go to bed..."You will look so much more attractive in a clean mirror!" ;)
Happy closet make-over!
P.S. The next day will focus on nutrition...I feel that I am A-Ok on this part of the make-over so I will not be covering it but jumping to "Week 2's Weekend workout"