Saturday, November 12, 2011
Ok, Ok, You can stop rolling your eyes now...
I know I might be addicted to all these self-help philosophies and programs but I figure it's better than being addicted to crack. So there.
As you know, Life has been tough. Really, really tough. The last 4 years have been like a day at the Beach...On a really unpredictable scale.
From sunshine rays to choppy waters, to smooth sailing and shattering storms, Big Daddy and I have held on tight to our Life Jackets when nothing else seemed to anchor our ship called Life. And Grand-maman.
One thing I know for sure after all is this: Holding on is not enough. Braving the storm when you aren't equipped is not enough. Roughing it can only take you so far. And it usually takes you right back to square one...Minus a few steps.
For those of you who think I am a big downer on Motherhood, marriage, friendships, relationships and Life in general, you are right. It's been tough. More than tough.
I believe that some people have Life easier than others.
I believe that Life is not fair.
I also believe that suffering is sometimes more present in some people's lives than others.
I believe that some people "get it" and some people don't.
I believe that some people go through Life without trying more than others but they succeed more than others.
I also believe in the Power of Change.
I believe...There is more than meets the eye.
And the best part?
You don't have to believe 100%...Just 51% and the Universe will apparently take care of the other 49%.
I believe. Even if only half the time.
And that's ok.
Posted by Elissa at 8:44 AM