Tuesday, June 22, 2010
War and Peace
I think I might have the answer as to why we live in a world where countries and religions are unable to make peace with each other.
I am living in a world where the biggest enviromental catastrophe can't seem to get fixed because the Left and the Right are too busy arguing over who is doing what and not doing instead of Just DOING.
It's just easier.
It is easier to judge than to accept.
It is easier to hate than to love.
It is easier to reject than to embrace.
It is easier to loathe than to care.
It is just easier.
Like our Bodies.
How can we expect peace in the world when we can't even make peace with ourselves?
7 continents in the world. 7 beautifull and unique parts of the world.
With over 70% of it divided by water. Free flowing water.
If my body had a map this is what it would look like.
1. My mind is like the water. Whatever my thoughts and beliefs are, it is either smooth sailing or a tsunami. Whatever the state of my mind, my body will follow it's lead.
2. My eyes act like they are in charge but they are not considering I can only see what I want or am able to see. Half the time I miss the Real Picture. Kinda like North America when we claim to know what is best.
3. My ears are either wide open or closed off depending on the state of he water tide. I can choose to listen, really listen or pretend there is silence. Like how my African sisters are subjected to emotional and physical torture because nobody is listening.
4. My mouth. My mouth can be both sweet or spitefull. Again depending on the water tide, it can be loving or hatefull. And mine is loud. Like my Italian sisters who are so full of life they could wake up a Bear in the middle of hibernation.
5. My heart. My heart is full of stories, memories and so many feelings. Sometimes my heart is open, sometimes it is closed. Others will be subjected to what my heart feels as my mind and my mouth are directly realted to my heart. Like when the beauty of the Rainforest is in jeapordy because greed and power take over respect and tenderness.
6. My stomach. Either full or empty. Either a physical hunger or an emotional one. My stomach is directly related to my heart and my mind. During an emotional binge, I choose to shut off my heart and not listen to my mind. I find myself so far away from he rest of my body like Australia seems so distant from the rest of the world. Yet so close.
7. My legs. I can choose to move forward, step backwards or freeze. Like my Asian sisters who fight for gender equality and are either embraced to move forward or stopped for wanting to move forward.
8. My ego. Like Antartica can be so cold and freezing no wonder it is perhaps the loneliness part of myself.
Maybe all we need to do is look within ourselves to figure out how we can love, accept and move forward.
Breaking free from dieting and compulsive eating is just like ending Wars.
Cease fire. Stop. Listen.
Posted by Elissa at 9:14 AM